https://www.porascw.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/pora-logo-300x150.png 0 0 Rodney Bertram https://www.porascw.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/pora-logo-300x150.png Rodney Bertram2023-08-10 18:24:062023-08-10 18:24:06Roads, Traffic & Safety Committee Meeting
Agenda – August 30, 2023 – 1:30 PM
PORA Conference Room
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Introduction and Welcome
- Current Update
- MCSO – Deputy Michael Redman
- MCDOT – Bill Leal MCDOT Public Information Officer
- SCW Posse – John Merkel
- Arizona Fire & Medical – Tom O’Donohue (maybe Robert Olmstead in future)
- SCW Prides – Ron Rada
- SCW Cyclists – Jeff Bodmer
- Maricopa County – Ombudsman Andy Litton
- Old Business
- Elder scams, email and phone, targeting seniors on rise. Information provided by MCSO Deputy Redman.
- Radar Camera to be placed in SCW. Close
- Golf cart thefts. Decreasing??? Increasing???
- Autonomous vehicles will start driving in SCW in near future, Waymo.
- McDOT construction projects, ADA sidewalk improvements.
- When is Wyerd supposed to be finished? Doing better cleaning up after job done?
- Various locations in Sun City West, March-September 2023.
- Request for left turn arrows off of RH Johnson Blvd. onto 128th Yellow arrow installed. Done, close.
- New Business
- Video cameras have been installed overlooking parking lot in front of RHJ membership office. 2 only? What about the various Rec Center lots where most of thefts occur?
- RHJ Westbound at 151st, resident wants right turn lane installed. Limousine Dr is .4 miles from intersection and then a right turn lane forces traffic down to 2 lanes.
- Increased accidents occurring at intersections with no traffic control, i.e. stop signs/traffic lights. No traffic control does not mean “full speed ahead” or “lets play chicken” to see who has to stop first.
- Are plans/programs in place for emergencies/responses for excessive heat, strong winds, floods, power outages. Things that may overwhelm first responders.
- Next meeting, November 15, 2023.