PORA maintains a list of over 600 vendors whose references have been checked and who agree to provide reliable, qualified services to our residents.”
PORA Works For You!
We are in touch with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors to provide currently licensed, bonded help when required. If the job requires only a handyman, we have many available.
When you call us at 623-214-1646, you will be asked if you are a PORA member and about the kind of work you need. We will then check our database and provide you with three or four names and phone numbers of qualified service people. All our vendors have provided at least three local work-related references which we have checked to insure the vendor is qualified to perform satisfactorily and have paid the required fee to register with PORA.
The names we provide are referrals, not recommendations, as we cannot guarantee their work. However, should they not perform to your satisfaction, come in and fill out a complaint form, sign it, and we will attempt to intercede on your behalf. It takes only a call from us to correct most situations. We do not claim 100% problem resolution, but we can help.
So, if you find you need help in your home, be it a leaky faucet, a leaky roof, a new gardener, or some other problem, please call us at 623-214-1646.
The vendor and service categories we maintain in Consumer Services:
- AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING
- ALTERATIONS / SEWING
- APPLIANCE SERVICE AND REPAIRS
- ASSEMBLY SERVICE
- BACKFLOW TEST / INSTALL / REPAIR
- BEE REMOVAL
- BIRD CONTROL
- BLOCK WALLS
- CARPET CLEANING
- CARPET / SALES / REPAIR
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
- COMPUTERS / SOFTWARE
- CONCRETE COATING
- CUSTOM FURNITURE AND CABINETRY
- DOME CEILING
- DUCT CLEANING / SEALING
- EMERGENCY SERVICES
- ENERGY AUDITS
- ESTATE SALES
- FURNITURE- REFINISHING AND REPAIR
- GENERAL REPAIRS
- GLASS AND MIRRORS
- GOLF CARS
- HARDWARE AND HOME IMPROVEMENT
- HOME SECURITY - PHYSICAL AND ELECTRONIC
- HOUSE CLEANING
- HOUSE SITTER
- INTERIOR DESIGN AND DECORATING
- KOOL DECK
- LANDSCAPE AND DESIGN
- LAWN AND YARD WORK
- MOVING AND STORAGE
- MUSIC AND PIANO
- ORGANIZATION-HOME / OFFICE / GARAGE
- PATIO SLIDING GLASS DOORS
- PERSONAL ASSISTANT / ERRAND / DELIVERY
- PEST CONTROL
- PETS-SITTING / GROOMING / FUNERALS
- POOL / HOT TUB
- POPCORN CEILING REMOVAL
- PRESSURE WASHING
- REMODELING-PATIOS AND SUNROOMS
- RESTORATION / DISASTER RECOVERY
- SENIOR CARE AND ASSISTANCE - NON-MEDICAL
- SENIOR MOBILITY/MEDICAL SUPPLIES
- SOLAR / GREEN/ENERGY
- SOUND SYSTEM SET-UP
- SPECIAL NEEDS / ADA CONSTRUCTION
- STONE AND GRAVEL
- TILE and GROUT CLEANING
- TILE INSTALLATION
- TRASH / RECYCLE / HAULING / CLEANUP
- TREE SERVICE
- TURF - ARTIFICIAL
- TV SERVICES / SOUND SYSTEMS / SATELLITE
- UPHOLSTERY CLEANING
- WATER EXTRACTION
- WATER FEATURES / PONDS
- WATER HEATERS
- WATER SERVICE
- WATER SOFTENERS / SYSTEMS
- WATER TREATMENT
- WEED CONTROL
- WINDOW CLEANING
- WINDOW TINTING
- WINDOW TREATMENTS
What to do if things aren't working out...
We are proud to note that we usually receive compliments about our vendor referrals, but occasionally we do receive complaints. Most of these complaints are due to a lack of communications between the consumer and the vendor and/or a lack of research on the part of the consumer.
Be a smart consumer by asking for a written estimate prior to having any work completed.
- If you feel the estimate is too high or the work involved is more than you anticipated being needed, contact other vendors for a comparision.
- Never sign a contract unless you are ready to pay the stated price.
- If you feel the work completed is substandard or that you have been overcharged from what was on the written estimate do not sign the final contract, and contact the vendor to try to resolve the issue.
- If you are stilll unhappy with the end result, come into PORA and complete a complaint form in Consumer Services.
- If the vendor is licensed, you may contact the State Board of Contractors or the Attorney General's office to file a formal complaint.
- Remember that many small jobs can be completed by a qualified handyman as long as the job is less than $1000 and does not need a permit.
You can also check out PORA's Business and Professional List for workers that may not be listed with Consumer Services in areas such as accounting, law, and real estate, etc., BUT please note these vendors are advertising on this page and have NOT been evaluated by Consumer Services.
Smart consumers save money, time and aggravation by hiring the fairest, most qualified vendors to complete their home repairs.
If you are a Vendor and would like to know more about what services PORA has for you, please call our marketing department at 623-584-4288, Ext. 414.
Back to Top